The Tradeswomen CareersPlus project aims to increase women’s participation in building, construction, civil and automotive trades to address gender inequity in promotion and recruitment of trade roles.
Our project is funded thanks to Apprenticeships Victoria.
About the Project
Tradeswomen CareersPlus is a new approach to addressing a multigenerational problem. Women have the skills, capability and availability to contribute to the trades industry, yet they comprise only 2% of that workforce.
Tradeswomen CareersPlus supports individuals and groups of women from becoming aware of trade career pathways through to securing safe, highly valuable trades roles.
The project includes:
- Specialised strategy to raise awareness of trades careers for women
- Unique online introductory and orientation materials to help women decide to follow a trades career
- Unique network of tradeswomen providing introductions and peer support
- Unique network of pre-qualified employers ready to employ tradeswomen – in entry-level, apprenticeship, or established roles
- Unique network of connections in community organisations and untapped communities
- Integrated network of trainers, GTOs, employment service providers and others
- Ongoing peer support, mentoring, resilience and retention activities
Tradeswomen CareersPlus links women, trainers and employers to actively create great trades careers benefitting everyone.
Want to find out more about the project? Contact us today.