Remade for Trades
Remade for Trades is a free program for girls, women and non-binary who are experiencing hardship and would like learn about moving into a secure, well-paid job as a skilled tradeswoman.
If you’re interested in the next program, register your interest below and we’ll email you with future event details.
What’s It All About?
Remade for Trades is a flexible short course designed to support women into trades careers. We engage with groups of women at a local level to provide support, connectedness and a transition to potential trades employment and financial security.
Women who are or have experienced hardship and are now seeking financial security and an enjoyable, active career should attend a Remade for Trades Workshop.
Women of all backgrounds are welcome including:
- Indigenous, refugee, asylum-seeking and/or CALD backgrounds.
- Women who are differently abled.
- Women experiencing challenging family and financial situations.
Women who need assistance in getting to the course or finding childcare should talk to Tradeswomen Australia about how we can help.
The program can be tailored to the requirements of the audience and area of need but it is typically delivered within four workshops that involve:
|Workshop 1 (part 1)||Get ready to learn more about trade opportunities and placements, networking within the industry as well as empowerment tools.|
|Workshop 1 (part 2)||Learn more about apprenticeships and traineeships, trade pathway guidance as well as the application process.|
|Workshop 2||Meet tradeswomen from different sectors and ask questions to understand pathways into different trades.|
|Workshop 3||Receive hands on experiences in a range of trade activities, gain confidence in using power tools, and learn more about which trades you engage with.|
|Post-Workshops||Continue on your trades exploration pathway through support systems, such as joining an online peer support network, and receiving free mentoring. If you’re ready, our recruitment team will support you in reaching out to culturally inclusive employers to find you the right career opportunity.|
Upon completion, attendees will have:
- Built awareness around the variety of roles that exist within the trades industry, and pathways into trades.
- Hands-on experience in using tools and trade activities.
- Taken steps to pursue a trade career, further training within trades or non-trade career path.
- Connected with employers, training providers and other programs that offer gender inclusive and equitable workplace environments, as well as additional wrap-around support services.
Ongoing support is provided for attendees who go on to settle into a new trades opportunity, including access to our mentoring program.
Register your interest and we’ll email you future event dates in your area or check out our Event Calendar.
The Isabel Sims Endowment/Perpetual