Remade for Trades
Remade for Trades is a free program for women. It is for women who are experiencing hardship and would like learn about moving into a secure, well-paid job as a skilled tradeswoman.
If you’re interested in the next program, register your interest below and we’ll email you with future event details.
If you’re interested in partnering with us to run the course locally, register your interest below.
What’s It All About?
Remade for Trades is a flexible short course designed to support women into trades careers. We engage with groups of women at a local level to provide support, connectedness and a transition to employment and financial security.
Women who are or have experienced hardship and are now seeking financial security and an enjoyable, active career should attend a Remade for Trades Workshop.
Women of all backgrounds are welcome including:
- Indigenous, refugee, asylum-seeking and/or CALD backgrounds
- Women who are differently abled
- Women experiencing challenging family and financial situations
Women who have trouble getting to the course or finding childcare should talk to TWA about how we can help.
Contact us now to find out when and where the next Remade for Trades is held.
The program can be tailored to the requirements of the audience and area of need but it is typically delivered within 4 workshops that involve:
|Workshop 1||Get to know each other and the purpose of the program.
• Begin forming meaningful relationships with peers.
• Learn about the landscape of the trades industry.
• Discuss resilience in a workplace context.
|Workshop 2||Use ‘Try a Trade’ hands-on resources from Mas National.
• Price up a job and create a quote using ‘Try a Trade’ resources.
• Use existing and new skills to participate in trades-related activities.
|Workshop 3||Meet tradeswomen from different sectors and ask questions to understand pathways into different trades.|
|Workshop 4||Take the next step into attaining a trade career.
• Receive application support.
• Connect individually with Mas National to receive tailored support.
• Take the next step in career journey.
|Post-Workshops||Begin mentoring relationship. Secure employment or training. Complete White Card in partnerships with Victoria University.|
Upon completion, attendees will have:
- Built awareness around the variety of roles that exist within the trades industry
- Understand the pathways into trade roles
- Taken steps to pursue a role or further training within trades
- Connected with employers or training providers that ensure gender-safe, secure workplaces
Ongoing support for attendees who go on to settle into a new trades opportunity.
Register your interest and we’ll email you future event dates in your area or check out our Event Calendar.
Habitat for Humanity Australia
Lord Mayor’s Charitable Foundation
The Isabel Sims Endowment/Perpetual
Is Your Organisation Interested in Becoming a Partner?
Register your interest below and we’ll be in touch.